image1 image2 image3 image4

WELCOME TO VERSATILELYLE.COM|MY STYLE IS SO VERSATILE

Calling all you Deluxe Headz!


When Jack said, "Let there be house!" that must of been the day I was reborn. The love of house music was instilled in me from a young age and at a time when most of my friends were into trance music, I just couldn't get enough of the deep soulful stuff. I was too young to venture out to clubs like More, where house music was getting its much needed praise, so I had to enjoy it in the comfort of my room aka Club Duvet! Then a defining moment in my life took place, I was introduced to Deluxe! It was around the year 2003/2004 (my memory fails me now) when I first stepped foot into this iconic establishment and might I add it blew my mind away, so much so I had to go every chance I had.

Eventually and era had to come to an end and the closing of the club was a bitter pill to swallow, but now another opportunity has arose. So all you Deluxe Headz it's to relive those moments and let us all go back home, The Home of House!

History lesson: 

Deluxe was situated in the heart of Cape Town’s Long Street entertainment district. The club occupied two levels of Unity House which is on the corner of Long and Longmarket streets. Unity House has a rich heritage and is one of the oldest buildings on the popular Cape Town strip. The club had developed a cult following and a reputation throughout South Africa as the House music venue of choice for both local and international patrons and performers. The club is home to some of the biggest house event brands including Soul Revolution, Funky Buddha, Tiger Tunes and Lightly Salted to name but a few.

Logo and Name:

The red circle which very few people know is a deformed japanese flag "the rising sun" and the word Deluxe which is french "of special elegance, sumptuousness, or fineness; high or highest in quality, luxury, etc."

Now for one night only we get to relive those moments.

Some good times I had at Deluxe...
Some Flyers of past events...


Total of 400 Pre-Sold tickets.
The Venue: The Manila Bar / Deluxe
Cover Charge:R 80 (100 Tickets) SOLD OUT ALREADY!
R90 (100 Tickets)
R100 (200 Tickets)
Date: 22 November 2014

DJ Line Up For the evening
Odwa Noah Emlyn Williams
Lester Batchelor Leighton Moody
Alvin Saal Erefaan Pearce
Clint Hill Regan Human

TICKETS ARE AVAILABLE NOW
https://www.quicket.co.za/events/7351-deluxe-for-one-night-only/

See you all there!

"Versatile Lyle"
Out!

Share this:

CONVERSATION

0 comments:

Post a Comment