image1 image2 image3 image4

WELCOME TO VERSATILELYLE.COM|MY STYLE IS SO VERSATILE

I used to whine about wine...

I was never a big wine lover and by wine I'm referring to the white and red variety. I would consume alcohol at any given occasion, don't judge me I love having a drink. And up until recently I used to whine about wine as I was not a big lover of the stuff, it was either too dry or too harsh for my palate, then I gave it up but not entirely. I would have a sip or a taste now and then but nothing over board. I just couldn't find it in my heart(stomach) to enjoy it, which is kinda weird coming from someone who basically lives in one of the best wine producing regions in the world, Cape Town!

Well that all changed when I recently attended the Paarl Ommiberg (Around the Rock) Wine Festival. It was pretty awesome driving around and visiting the various wine farms and cellars, tasting different wines and having an all round good time.
I found the Lady in Red...
Boland Cellars, Nederberg, KWV, Laborie and Rhebokskloof Wine Estates were just some of the stops we made. There was fun for all to be had from wine tasting, live bands, grape stomping and even activities to keep the kids entertained while parents got their drink on.
...and then I won!
Now I'm not saying that visiting wine farms got me to fall in love with wine, I'm saying it was WINNING and CONSUMING good quality wine that got me to love wine and whose to whine about that?

See you next year for Ommiberg 2017!











Share this:

CONVERSATION

0 comments:

Post a Comment