image1 image2 image3 image4

WELCOME TO VERSATILELYLE.COM|MY STYLE IS SO VERSATILE

Quick 5 - Interview with Dalin Oliver

Now I usually present these interviews as a write up for you the reader to read, well this time round I decided to do things a bit differently.

The interview was conducted using whatsapp as a medium to communicate. I would send Dalin a recorded question and he would reply by recording himself and sending it back to me.

In this interview we get to know Dalin a bit more from his tea obsession, his love for cricket, being chosen as an ambassador for Cape Town Sixes, his stand-up comedy career and his one man show - "I Came, I Taught, I Left".


One plus about interviewing him, was having the privilege (getting comps from him) of being able to attend his show. Just a side note on the show, as he would put it, "It's DIK funny!" And I would have to agree with him there. It was DIK funny and I was glad I got the opportunity to see it live.

I Came, I Taught, I Left (ICITIL), is all about his journey from high school to studying to become a teacher at UCT, to going back to teach at his former high school. Dealing with teachers all over again and parents of the scholars. He also takes the audience on a trip down memory lane having them relive their high school experiences. ICITIL runs from the 22 Feb - 5 March in the Golden Arrow Studio at the Baxter Theatre.

For more info visit on Dalin and his show visit: http://www.dalinoliver.com

After the show and after Dalin greeted all his fans, we (Miss Molly and I) proceeded backstage to conduct the rest of the interview. At this point security guards on duty began locking up the entrances. We concluded the interview and Dalin directed us to the exit. We exited through the door of the balcony and walked around to the next exit, only to find that it was locked and when we tried to make our way back in we found the those doors locked too! 

All in all I would just like to say thanks to Dalin for showing us the wrong way out and then for saving us from being stuck there for the night. We loved your show but not to the point that we were willing to sleep over at the Baxter.









Share this:

CONVERSATION

0 comments:

Post a Comment