image1 image2 image3 image4

WELCOME TO VERSATILELYLE.COM|MY STYLE IS SO VERSATILE

Open Streets Cape Town

Hi all you lovely versatile readers, welcome to 2016. This year promises to be more awesome than the last and to kick off the journey I will be checking out Open Streets Cape Town for the very first time. Ja, ja I'm a Open Streets virgin I know but hey I get to see it with fresh eyes (don't be jealous) and I'm absolutely looking forward to it. Don't know what I'm talking about? Let me give you some insight into this wonderful initiative.

(image courtesy of http://openstreets.co.za)
Open Streets Cape Town (OSCT) was founded in 2012 by a group of volunteers committed to a more equitable, integrated, safer and vibrant Cape Town. The organisation was inspired by Bogotá’s Ciclovía, a recreational programme that makes 120km of the Colombian capital’s streets car free every Sunday. (Now that's DOPE) 

OSCT works to challenge the paradigm of mobility in our cities by carrying out 'street actions' such as campaigns, temporary interventions and walks that raise citizen awareness and foster public debate about streets. Their aim is to create shared spaces that bring people together, no matter their ability, or social or economic background.

This Sunday it is all happening in Bree Street, Cape Town. For more info click here.

Want to know more about Open Streets then connect with them:

While you there go check out good friends of the VersatileLyle Blog, The MashUp by Shakirah Sky, they'll be there to push local talent and music and I'll mos def be there to show them some love!



Say hi if you see me!









Share this:

CONVERSATION

0 comments:

Post a Comment