image1 image2 image3 image4

WELCOME TO VERSATILELYLE.COM|MY STYLE IS SO VERSATILE

I am a Creative in South Africa - Antonio Macheve Jr designer of Xipixi

Antonio Macheve Jr

1) Tell us about where you grew up?

I had a multi-cultural upbringing. I was born in Maputo, Mozambique and grew in Paris, New York City and Maputo, my hometown. I am now in Cape Town and enjoying it a great deal.

2) How did you get into the industry you're in right now and did your parents support you in your career choice?

I got into industry as a true admirer of fashion and most importantly of art. I am an artist, and so my transition from other art forms such as music production, songwriting, directing, drawing and painting to designing men's croquis was not too difficult. Obviously, it is a bit more complicated when we are talking about the business of fashion where it's more than just the art. I love it nonetheless and believe that if you have a passion for what you do, you can persevere through the challenges. When I left my parent's house, I was leaving to do a Master's degree, which I completed, that definitely made them happy. Being in the fashion industry is certainly not exactly what they envisioned, I didn't foresee it either, but its happening and they are enjoying the great outcome. My amazing partner and daughter make it easy for me though, they are my fuel and a strong support system.

3) Do you see yourself in this industry long term?

Yes!

4) What do you think your industry needs more of?

More menswear brands, do not forget the gentlemen!

5) What is the worst part of your industry?

When certain people in the industry try to bring rules into fashion.

6) What is the best part of your job?

Conceptualizing and designing new outfits, as well as directing our commercials and photo shoots for our ad campaigns and having one on one appointments with my customers to build their bespoke suits.

7) What would you tell someone wanting to follow the same career path?

Make sure you enter for the love and passion for the craft in fashion, and not for quick gains. Also, inform yourself on a daily basis on how to improve your skills, you want to always better today than what you were yesterday. As you improve your skills in whichever role you fulfill in fashion, I think.

8) What kind of future do you see for fashion creatives?

The only thing I can really say is, surprises!!! I think that's what creatives work hard to do, to surprise their audience.


Follow the man online:
http://twitter.com/machevejr
http://twitter.com/XipixiOfficial

http://www.xipixi-official.com/

Goldie is an Events Reporter and Owner of Goldiestyling Media
and resident Guest blogger on VersatileLyle.com
Facebook https://www.facebook.com/GoldiestylingLoveLocalCulture
Twitter: @Goldiestyling


Share this:

CONVERSATION

0 comments:

Post a Comment