image1 image2 image3 image4

WELCOME TO VERSATILELYLE.COM|MY STYLE IS SO VERSATILE

Number 3

Well I never actually got bit, but the surf bug definitely bit me. So much so that I cannot wait to invest in my own board.


On Saturday morning I embarked on doing something that I have been considering for quite sometime. There I was all warmly dressed and simply amazed at the amount of people that brave the winter morning chills to spend some time at the beach and the amount of surfers who were actually in the cold water shocked me even more.


Here I was freezing my ass off thinking what did I get myself into this time. Then before the arrival of the surf coach I took off my warm socks and sneakers and decided to test the waters. It was cold AF!!!(click here for those wondering what that abbreviation means



As the coach of Stoked School of Surf introduced himself, I was still shitting myself at the thought of entering the water. He handed me a wetsuit and for the first time trying one on, I must say it was quite hard to get in and it was tight AF. We were all suited up and off we went to the beach. Coach David reiterated the importance of warming up before entering the water as surfing requires a lot of muscle movement, so stretching is vital.
After a few practice moves on the beach we hit the water. Now I'm not going to go and on about the amount of times I fell off the board but all I can say is that after a number of tries I was able to stand and ride a wave and I was pretty STOKED!
If you, like me, have been living in Cape Town and have not yet tried surfing then you have no idea on what you are missing out on. So feel free to contact Stoked School of Surf for a lesson and get bit just like I did.


Thanks Stoked and thanks David!
Get in touch with Stoked today:
http://www.stokedsurfschool.com
https://www.facebook.com/stokedsurf
info@stokedsurfschool.com
Call: +27 82 412 8781


By the way I never spotted any sharks, not one!









Share this:

CONVERSATION

0 comments:

Post a Comment