image1 image2 image3 image4

WELCOME TO VERSATILELYLE.COM|MY STYLE IS SO VERSATILE

Encounters with Lallo - Part 1

I felt the need to write something to commemorate the life and times of my recently deceased very close friend and cousin inlaw, Lyle Sebastian Arendse aka Lallo aka DJ Lallo aka Lallofunka.

So here goes, hope you enjoy this as I try to make it as heartwarming and fun as he would have wanted it. Please note that this is not an obituary nor an online autobiography but my personal encounters with this truly amazing soul.

Earliest memories of our first encounters came when the Arendse family moved to Grassy Park residing at that time at my grandparents separate entrance, well needless to say that that move and our meeting would go on to shape my life and very existence today.

Lallo was about 7/8 years old and I was about the same age so we clicked instantly sharing a love for toys, TV games and sport, cricket in particular and many a summer day was spent playing out in the garden embodying our heroes of yesteryear. The love of sport at our tender age spawned and brought about a beautiful friendship.

Another memory which I can share from his stay in Grassy Park was doing the Macarena (YES I DID THE MACARENA LOL) with his grandmother and cousins at one of their family gatherings.


It was at this gathering where I met his cousin, Candice (my soon to be wife) or as I remember her as "the girl with the long hair" she was the most beautiful girl I had seen in my life, and I would constantly bug him to find out when she would visit again but that was his better-half at the time and no talk about her was allowed (overprotective much).

check out my Donald Duck t-shirt I wore to Lyle's 1st Communion gathering
As time passed they eventually moved on and ties were lost, and our budding friendship was put on hold.

A number of years later a chance encounter had us meet up again at a nightclub (@mosphere) where I found Lyle working behind the bar serving drinks, we took the chance to catch up where he mentioned to me he was planning to move to the UK to work and as the night unfolded he offered me what he referred to as the "Lallo Fucker" a shot comprising of everything that could really get you wasted in the club and it sure did the trick so much so that he convinced me to sing karaoke (I sang Night Fever by the Bee Gees just as an FYI).

A fair share of weekends were spent in that club and I was surprisingly astounded by the dude's Djing capabilities where he showed off his talent on numerous occasions. A real crowd pleaser.


The Club closed and ties were broken yet again...

That's it for part one folks, the story continues so check out part two soon.

"VersatileLyle"

Out!

If you have had the pleasure of interacting with Lyle feel free to share some of your moments in the comments section below.

Share this:

CONVERSATION

0 comments:

Post a Comment