image1 image2 image3 image4

WELCOME TO VERSATILELYLE.COM|MY STYLE IS SO VERSATILE

From Joburg with Love

Here’s what I have to say about my trip to JHB:
I still can't find the mountain!
They don’t have a mountain or an ocean (I know… I sound like a typical Capetonian) and even though the scenery isn’t quite what I’m used to, the people make up for it. Beautiful women, cars, buildings and friendly faces (except on the road of course). After hearing stories from my fellow Capetonians, I expected the worst from JHB, however, I only got the best. It was as if the JHB Daily newspaper wrote a front page article notifying the good people of JHB that I’ll be coming to town and everyone is to be on their best behaviour. I spent most of Youth Day 2016 in Soweto (Watch video). As expected, there was a lot of youth. All of them acknowledging what happened in 1976, appreciating the sacrifices which were made to make South Africa a better place for today’s youth.

JHB’s vibe is so chilled (compared to Cape Town). People don’t feel the need to “be better” or “look better” than the next person – like that chick at Cape Town International Airport giving me vuil-kuiker before our departure. People are free to play in the fountain at Mall of Africa, they can leave empty beer bottles in the road (as long as it’s on the white line) – which is sad because you can get money if you return the empty bottle.
Inside Mall of Africa
I was blown away at Goliath Comedy Club. You know that place right? It’s the one where the hostess pulls out your seat for you, asks if the view is to your satisfaction, shows you where the bathrooms are and points out where the bars are situated, very important to do that.
Does this need a caption? 
The only negative thing I can say about JHB, in my experience, is that travelling is a bitch! You literally have to use the loo before you leave and, also, please remember to pack in padkos.

One last thing…

I was approached by two beggers during my stay in JHB compared to the eight who approach me on the daily in Cape Town.

I am what I am

Share this:

CONVERSATION

0 comments:

Post a Comment