image1 image2 image3 image4

WELCOME TO VERSATILELYLE.COM|MY STYLE IS SO VERSATILE

HE CAME, HE TOLD ME A JOKE, HE TOOK ME BACKSTAGE

Yes, ladies and gentleman, I am talking about none other than Dalin Oliver (he's a stand-up comedian for those of you who don’t know).

Our first encounter was at the Chilli Bar on a Thursday night. Dalin walked on stage full of confidence and entertained the crowd with is unique sense of humour. Now, about four years later, I watched Dalin perform at the Baxter Theatre in his one-man-stand-up-comedy-show: I Came, I Taught, I Left.

What an amazing experience it is to watch someone grow the way I’ve watched Dalin grow (yes, dude, I have been stalking you for quite some time). From a “hello, bye” guy to a hug and “howsit!” guy. Dalin has not let the fame get to his nose head.

The show is about Dalin’s life experiences and he is extremely descriptive in the way he explains his encounters with his friends, family, colleagues, learners and educators which makes the show quite intimate (the intimacy could be because of the venue setting).

I would recommend all educators to watch this show as a “you are not alone in the struggle” team-building. Everyone can relate to this show and have a good laugh at the same time (except home-schooled kids who won’t really understand). Dalin interacts with the crowd, so if you fancy yourself a joke(r) or just love being in the spotlight, book your tickets now!

I saw Stuart Taylor after the show and he looked at me and I looked at him thinking “I know you, I wrote about you… but you don’t even know I exist”

*note to self* 
Learn how to use Twitter and get people to like my Facebook Page.

Dalin was kind enough to take me backstage for a short interview and to have a quick catch-up. I of course didn’t say five words to him – VersatileLyle did all the talking.

Ps. Interview will be posted soon. Stay tuned!

I am what I am

Share this:

CONVERSATION

0 comments:

Post a Comment