image1 image2 image3 image4

WELCOME TO VERSATILELYLE.COM|MY STYLE IS SO VERSATILE

Quick 5 with Craig De Sousa

So ahead of tonight's So Strictly Vinyl Event I caught  up with Craig to find out a little more about the man.




VL: So from what age did you start Djing and who or what influenced you?

CDS: I started learning when I was 14 on a friends set up but only played my first gig after school. What was influencing me at the time was mix tapes I had of international dj's such as Danny Tenaglia and Masters of Work.

VL: Which is the most interesting place you have performed in thus far?

CDS: I would have to say playing in Paris for 5 years on the trot was what defined me as a dj and producer today. It was a creative spark.

VL: Can you share with us your one high point in your career that really stands out above the rest?

CDS: Releasing my first dj mix cd The Deeper Sounds of CDS From Paris With Love as it ascended me to a new level from where I have never looked back.

VL: What do you enjoy doing when you not performing or producing music?

CDS: I enjoy the outdoors and time with my family. I like to kitesurf and keep fit. Eating good food in new restaurants is also fun.

VL: What's next for Craig De Sousa, anything interesting lined up that we should know of?

CDS: Well my record label Heads and Tails Music is now distributed internationally. I am working on 5 brand new e.p.s due for release over the summer with a fresh Audioflux 2012 dj mix from me by the end of November.


VL: Lastly any messages for aspiring DJ's?

CDS: Yes, stick by your guns is what I always say. Don't sell out and play what is popular, play from the heart. A small floor you are connected to is always better than a big floor you're not connected to.

VL: Anything else you like to add feel free.

www.craigdesousa.com
http://www.facebook.com/pages/Craig-De-Sousa/26743683915
www.craigdesousa.com
http://www.facebook.com/HeadsandTailsMusic
www.headsandtailsmusic.com
http://soundcloud.com/craigdesousa

"Versatile Lyle"

Out!

Share this:

CONVERSATION

0 comments:

Post a Comment