image1 image2 image3 image4

WELCOME TO VERSATILELYLE.COM|MY STYLE IS SO VERSATILE

Quick 5 with Carl Weber

Supporting Local Comedy



I have recently started getting very much involved with the local South African or mainly the Cape Town comedy scene and when I say involved I mean mostly as an audience member, watching shows in and around Cape Town, such as the Chilli Bar Comedy Thursday's and most recently "The Gino Fernandez What a F in Funny Show".

One of my favourite comedians which I had the priviledge of seeing perform is Carl Weber. All the way from Bloemfontein this selfconfessed “farm boy” has been honing hiscomedic skills on Cape Town comedy circuit. I first saw him perform as one of the opening acts for Pablo Francisco at the 2011 Nando's Comedy Festival and I nearly pissed myself from laughter.

A few months later I met the man after his performance at Chilli Bar Comedy Thursday's and arranged this interview and it went a little like this:

Quick 5 with Carl Weber




Versatile Lyle: "Who or what helped influence you to pursue a career in comedy?"

Carl Weber: "Mostly friends, always being the funny guy around the braai, and an incredible love to entertain people"

Versatile Lyle: "What do you prefer, Marie Biscuits or Ouma's Rusks, MensHealth or FHM, Bloemfontein or Cape Town, Helen Zille or Patricia De Lille? "

Carl Weber: "Id prefer sipping black coffee on the porch with ouma’s rusks in Bloemfontein, flapping through the latest FHM with full frontal pictorial of Helen Zille in it "

Versatile Lyle: "Can you share with us your one high point in your career that really stands out above the rest?"

Carl Weber: "It would definitely be winning cape towns next comic, then the Graca showdown and then sharing a stage with Pablo Francisco at the 2011 nandos comedy festival"   

Versatile Lyle: " You also have a radio show tell us abit about that?"

Carl Weber: "I have a radio show on a Sunday afternoon 3pm-6pm called “shootin blanks” ( I have live rounds however) its on a internet based radio station called Vibe radio SA, the show is basically a very funny comedy influenced, and completely unrehearsed stab at promoting cape town comedy and of course …… myself lol"

Versatile Lyle: "What's next for Carl Weber, anything interesting lined up that we should know of? "

Carl Weber: "Well, coming up I will know if I have been nominated for the SA comics choice award, also have a one man show in the pipeline (as soon as I get a sponsor …. Hint hint) id love my very first one man show to be called “the Carl Weber experience”

Versatile Lyle: "Lastly any messages for aspiring comedians?"

Carl Weber: "Hustle, hustle, hustle"

Versatile Lyle: "Anything else you like to add?"

Carl Weber: "Something to add?? ….. I've never been good at math, if there’s 3 things I always hated about math then its geometry and algebra!"






Check him in action!



Go check out Carl on Twitter

"Versatile Lyle"

Out!

Share this:

CONVERSATION

0 comments:

Post a Comment